How to put on compression stockings?
The tough elastic that is used to make compression stockings can be difficult to wear and adjust.
Tips on wearing compression stockings correctly:
- Put your hand inside the stocking foot with the heal facing down
- Turn the leg of the stocking inside out as far as the heel
- Stretch the stocking sideways at the heel
- Slide your foot into the stocking
- Make the heel of the stocking coincide with your heel
- Grasping the top of the stocking pull over the ankle , continue up the leg
- Adjust and straighten the stocking as you go up and remove wrinkles if any.
- To know more have a look at our videos
- Apply lotion at night-before bed- when you take your stockings off for the day
- Take of all jewelery before putting on your stockings. Rings and bracelets can snag on the compression hose, causing rips or tears
- If putting on stockings is difficult, try wearing a pair of latex or rubber gloves. The smooth surface will make it easier to grip the stockings as you move them up your legs.
- To keep your stockings snag-free always wear shoes when wearing them. Walking around your home without shoes may cause your stockings to develop runs or tears, which may degrade their compression properties.
Are these stockings available in a pair?
Are they washable?
Are these open toe?
No. They are closed toe.